Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Vision 200T Question

  1. #1
    Cranium
    Guest Cranium's Avatar

    Post

    OK.. Finally bought a roll of this stuff to test out on Saturday. Man, there's nothing like busting the cherry of a fresh roll of Super 8. Been a few years since I've done that.
    So, I'm out doing some tests, and I realize, much of what I'd like to see doesn't have to be done on S8. So does anybody know if there's an equivalent 35mm still film from Kodak? I'd hope the Royal Gold was the same film (since the ads say "our finest grain ever...." if that's NOT the same, I want S8 Royal Gold!)
    Anyway... DOES anybody know if there's the same emulsion film in 35mm still?

    OK, never mind. I've answered my own question. Duh, they're different processes....

    Oh, and be careful where you're shooting in big cities. The heavens opened up Sunday and provided me with the subject of my next short film. Briefly, it involved me shooting some pics, a brother decked out in leather WANTING whatever pics I had shot, for whatever reason (I thought to ask, but decided against it.) and a few interesting characters. What was that Travolta movie? Blow Out?


    ------------------
    Mikel Z

    [This message has been edited by Cranium (edited January 22, 2002).]

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I hate to be so blunt, but what the hell are you talking about?

    Can you be a little clearer?

    The heavens opened up and gave you what exactly?
    Did it start raining?
    Did you have a vision from God?
    Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say at all...

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Blindowl
    Guest Blindowl's Avatar

    Post

    Hey matt F*** Off



    ------------------

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Mike Brantley, are you seeing this?

    This is worse than Alex, don't you think?

    Blindowl, for your information, I was merely trying to discipher what the guy was saying OK?

    I don't think it's too much to ask that someone speak clearly if they are asking questions, if indeed that is what they guy is doing...

    I did not call him names, or make outrageously rude insults like you just did.
    Why don't you go hang out on teenage boards where you can engage in this type of adolescent behavior.
    We're trying to have serious discussions here...

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Cranium
    Guest Cranium's Avatar

    Post

    Well, to be fair, I did think you were being a tad snide, I just didn't want to say anything at the time. Judging from your other posts that day, it seemed like you were having a bad\low tolerance day.
    Whatever, it happens. But my initial reaction was the same as whoever that is above. It seemed pretty pricky.


    ------------------
    Mikel Z

    [This message has been edited by Cranium (edited January 25, 2002).]

  6. #6
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    Man, I miss shooting Super 8mm in San Francisco. I always stayed in SOMA or the Financial District while shooting. Hey, see if you can film the next Go-Ped rally while you are at it! Try doing it while they are going though the tunnel on Stockton. Nothing like 100 Go-Peds going though a tunnel. Sounds like a horde or hornets coming in for the kill.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  7. #7
    Cranium
    Guest Cranium's Avatar

    Post

    Hmmm... Maybe I'll do it. My brother is a major supplier of Go-Ped parts (fabricator)
    We've been "supposed" to hook up on one of those groupo things. He didn't come last weekend (Hmmm... I guess I would've been there instead of on Jones) but maybe I'll tape an XL-400 to a Go ped for a little timelapse action. As long as we stay outta Civic center!


    ------------------
    Mikel Z

    [This message has been edited by Cranium (edited January 25, 2002).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •